Inter-Varsity Press is an accredited Living Wage Employer.
Ecommerce Executive, SPCK & IVP (Publishing), London
SPCK/IVP, winner of the IPG Specialist Consumer Publisher of the year for 2018 and 2017 and shortlisted for the recent Bookseller Independent Publisher of the Year, is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Ecommerce Executive to join our busy Publicity and Marketing Department and help us increase our audience share and consumer reach.
You will be responsible for running our direct to consumer strategy for our website, and for developing and fostering relationships with key influencers and partners in order to increase brand awareness and drive our consumer sales strategy. The right candidate will be highly organized, comfortable with working with deadlines and using websites and analytic tools to help to connect with readers and customers.
It is essential that you will:-
- Be passionate about connecting books to readers
- Have at least one year experience of digital marketing, preferably in a publishing environment
- Be able to write eye-catching and persuasive copy to sell a books in a variety of genres and reading levels to differing audiences
- Have experience of direct mail marketing campaigns and understand how to get a brand message across to a wide audience
- Have solid knowledge and experience of CMS and CRM systems, ecommerce functionality and interpreting analytics
- Be able to work as part of a team in order to maximize use of skills and abilities
- Be keen to learn, enjoy problem solving and be highly accurate with a good eye for detail
- Be comfortable communicating with people of faith
It would be advantageous to have :-
- Experience of B2B marketing and paid search campaigns
- Have basic photography skills and the ability to use Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and InDesign)
We offer a competitive salary and other benefits, and the role is based at our central London office. Closing date for all applications is 15th June and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Early applications will be prioritised. Please apply in writing with a covering letter and copy of your CV to the Commercial Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Publishing Internship | Fundraising Internship
Are you looking to get into the publishing industry?
At Inter-Varsity Press we offer a short-term publishing internship which can be tailored to you.
Whether you are looking for experience in the editorial department, production, marketing or our charitable programmes, Inter-Varsity Press invites expressions of interest from recent graduates, students and others who would like to gain valuable interest in the Publishing Industry, and those interested by our blend of charitable and commercial activity.
If you’re interested in a short-term internship, contact us here.